Race Day Information
Click the links below to access important race information. We have put this packet together to keep you informed and help ensure you have a fun and stress-free race experience.
The Wilson Endurance Club will host a set of trail races on Saturday, May 1 (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.) at Lake Wilson Reservoir.
Our club has a long and successful history of hosting 5k and 10k races, with each one raising money for local charities.
The 2021 Lake Wilson Spring Trail Races event is dedicated to the memory of Mindy Davis Pierce. A significant portion of race proceeds and all donations will be given to charities in her honor. Please be sure to visit the race donation page, before completing registration or to just donate.
The single loop trail surface is comprised of hard-packed dirt with a bit of gravel or sand in a few spots. The trail is basically flat around the entire lake, with one slight hill to climb. There are no obstacles, major debris, or extreme wet/muddy areas to traverse - unless it rains during the race or rained heavily the day before. Your running shoes will do... or bring along your light-duty trail shoes.
Taking advantage of Lake Wilson trail's 2 mile loop configuration, we are offering the following race distances:
- 1 loop fun run/walk
- 2 loop run for 5k+ distance runners
- 3 loop run for 10k distance runners
- 4 loop run for longer distance runners
- Unlimited loops for extreme distance runners - Who can run the most loops in under 4 hours?
With the ongoing pandemic, we have developed a plan to ensure social distancing guidelines will be in place for this event. Here are several of the steps we have identified to ensure this trail race will be safe and successful:
- Run the East, LLC will provide timing and race day management services.
- Sign-up will be online only.
- Packet pickup (t-shirt, race number bib with timing chip) will be available on race day only.
- Instead of a single "mass start", participants will start when ready - with staggered starts according to time of arrival.
- 8:00 staggered start for unlimited loops
- 8:30 to 10:30 start window for 3 and 4 loops
- 9:00 to 11:00 start window for 1 and 2 loop(s)
- No water/aid stations will be provided. Runners will be required to bring their own hydration and nutrition needed before, during, and after the race.
- No post-race award ceremony will be held. Race winners will be notified individually and race results posted online.
- With the Lake Wilson trail layout, we will only have a minimum number of volunteers. The course will be well marked with large arrow signs, in the few spots where necessary.
The Wilson Endurance Club is excited to host these trail runs at Lake Wilson... See you on May 1!
We are excited to add a new division to this event for those parents who would like to train and run with their children. The parent/child category is offered to any adult running with a child under the age of 18. Our hope is this will encourage those who have been thinking of running in an event like this, but just even felt they could do it. It also gives those who have run in events like this a chance to enjoy a fun time with their children. You both must sign up for the same distance and we would ask that you start at the same time. Once both of you have registered, each of you will receive a discount of $2.50 off your race entry.
Also included with this you will receive a training plan to help prepare you for a safe and fun race (2-mile and 4-mile events only). You will need to email David Caudle at email@example.com and he will send it to you. He is also happy to answer any questions you may have and/or give more guidance on training for the distance you choose to run.