Remember way back when in middle school and high school when you ran cross country? Or maybe you're on a team now and want just one more race in the post-season? Well it's time to get your running buddies together once again to race against someone else's running buddies at the Trail Blazer Challenge! We're going old school with standard cross country scoring rules for teams BUT you can also choose to race individually the usual way too.
If you've got a regular running group or have an active family, the Trail Blazers Challenge will be a great twist on your weekend run or family outing! Whether in-person or virtual you can race together. Runners in the Individual races can still band together as a Charity Race Team and are eligible for those rewards. Runners in the Team races will get $5 back when they get a full 10-member team registered. All participants are eligible for the Referral Rewards. * All offers described in detail at the below!
Team categories include:
- Elementary School (Grades K - 5)
- Middle School (Grades 6 - 8)
- High School (Grades 9 - 12)
- Open (Ages 1 - 100)
Individuals AND Teams are welcome to race the Trail Blazer Challenge!
Individual runners will compete as usual just like all of our other races for the regular Overall and Age Group prizes.
But if you want to relive the glory of your cross country days or just have a group that wants to take the challenge together then this is the race for you! All teams, clubs, or other groups affiliated with schools or independently operated are welcome to participate in the Fit & Able Scramble. The Top 3 Teams in each distance and team category will receive awards. Here are the team scoring rules:
- Teams can be 5 - 10 members. A minimum of 5 members is required to score and participate in the team competition.
- Members of teams that don't have the minimum 5 members needed to score will be automatically transferred to the Individual competition.
- Teams may be All Male, All Female, or Coed and will compete separately in those categories for each distance.
- Teams will be scored by the finish places of their fastest 5 runners with the next 2 runners displacing positions in the finish order.
- Teams are ranked by the lowest combined finish place score.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
Invite your friends and family to run together!
The Trail Blazers Challenge is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Trail Blazers Challenge please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!
* * * Due to the constantly evolving pandemic situation any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the race. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *