PHYSICALLY APART, VIRTUALLY TOGETHER
Open to everyone - men, women and kids!!! The Girls on the Run 5K is the culminating event of our program. While we have had to shift to virtual engagement and smaller site-based team events for our 2021 culminating celebrations, we continue to stay centered in our mission of inspiring all girls to be joyful, healthy and confident. Now more than ever, we remain committed to ensuring the social, emotional and mental health of our girls. Thank you for joining us in our commitment and supporting the girls in your home and in your community!
We hope to bring the GOTR core value of "finding strength in our connectedness" to life by fostering this GOTR5KFun community. It's an event that can be completed on your own time and in your own place – your neighborhood, even your backyard or living room. Find your “happy pace” – that might be running or biking a 5K (3.1 miles), a 1-mile walk/run or a 45-minute dance party. Run, walk, roll, bike, dance, or jump. Find what works for you!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GOTR5KFUN VIRTUAL CELEBRATION:
- This virtual event is for the whole family! Encourage your household or friends, family or colleagues to participate in the celebration of our girls by joining you or cheering you on!
- Choose your activity, your distance, your route and your date!
- Download the materials you’ll need! Everything will be sent to registrants via email.
- Joyfully run, walk, skip, dance, or roll 1 mile, 5K or more between April 21st and May 9th. Be creative! If running isn’t your thing, chose any physical activity challenge that reminds you of your limitless potential. Find your happy pace and keep moving forward!
- Take pictures and post them to social media with the hashtag #GOTR5KFun. You may even win a prize! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
- HAVE FUN & CELEBRATE YOU! ☺
STANDARD REGISTRATION IS FREE! ALL registered participants will receive access to our GOTR5KFun Virtual Resource Hub! This giant toolbox is full of free digital resources to make your event experience special! Resources include: a 5K training plan, physical activity challenges, route mapper, music playlist, cheer signs, warm-up videos and instructions on how to share the experience on social media. Also included are printable participant bib numbers, completion certificates and coloring pages - all free to download and print!
OPTIONAL REGISTRATION UPGRADE: includes a GOTR5KFun Gear Pack with an event shirt, printed bib number and event medal.
Click here for more information and to register.