It’s not just a ride, it’s a movement for the safety of all on the streets of California. A toast to all we have accomplished together in 2015 and a resolve to make good choices in 2016!
Finish The Ride started after bicyclist Damian Kevitt was dragged nearly a quarter mile under a car. It was a gross hit and run crime which has become a common occurrance in California. Having barely survived, he vowed to get back on a bicycle and FINISH THE RIDE -- not just for himself but to help make the streets of California safe for ALL.
Now the event is not just about Damian's triumph over tragedy but about finishing for the nearly 7,500 other people in LA who have been severly injured in hit and run crimes. By participating, you are helping Streets Are For Everyone (SAFE) raise awareness and handle the epidemic of hit and run crimes, thereby making the streets safer for you, me and everyone else.
Check out FinishTheRide.org for videos and information about the amazing beginnings of the movement.
The event includes:
- Ride = 25 Mile Finish The Ride & Metric Century TOUR DE VALLEY (including a climb up La Tuna Canyon Road)
- Run = 5K, 10K or Half Marathon around beautiful Sepulveda Basin and Lake Balboa.
- Walk and Roll = 2K. A fun, family friendly interactive walk and roll around beautiful Lake Balboa.
- Roll = 10K Roll On! (wheelchairs, handcycles, skateboards, roller skates, etc...)
- Cool goodie bag and free t-shirt with registration
- Timing chips and medals awarded for selected events
- Great live music and dancing
- Free festival and safety expo with giveaways, raffles, prizes and activities for the kids. Feel free to bring the whole family!
Join Finish The Ride, Run, Walk N' Roll Across The Valley not only for yourself, but for those who survived, those who didn't and the safety of ALL!
For more information on the event itself or how you can help, e-mail us at register@FinishTheRide.org or call (844) 884-7233 Ext. 801
Event schedule and times
When: Sunday, December 27th, 2015
Where: Registration opens at 6:00am, it is recommended you arrive at least 30mins before your event start to register and 15mins before your event start if you are already pre-registered, to pick up your bib.
Parking available at Woodley 1 and Lake Balboa parking lots plus free parking along Woodley Ave and neighborhoods. Cyclists please use courtesy and park a distance away and ride your bikes to the start so runners, walkers, families and persons with wheelchairs and handcycles may use parking lots. We encourage you to Go Metro! There is an Orange line stop at Victory and Balboa.
6:00 AM Check-in opens
7:00 AM Celebrity and VIP speakers
7:30 AM - 10:00AM Staggered starts for each activity
11:00am Post event festivities begin including a Street Safety Expo with live music, food, drink, free stuff from sponsors and a raffle!