The MMIW Virtual event is a race at your own pace and place. You can run, walk, bike, hike, basically, any movement anywhere. The mission is to be in solidarity with Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls, Two-Spirits, Relatives, grieving families, and individuals working on the frontlines to end this epidemic of violence against Indigenous people.
We strongly advise and encourage all participants to abide by CDC guidelines regarding distancing, masking, and all other safety precautions. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/participate-in-activities.html
How to Participate:
- Sign up!
- Wear your 2021 MMIW Run Shirt or the color red
- Run, walk, hike, or any movement of your choice for any distance (make your miles matter however you see fit!)
- Share a picture via Instagram or Facebook and tell us why you are participating.
- Use hashtags #nativewomenrunning #MMIW #MMIWG2S #MMIR #timetofly and
- Tag us @nativewomenrunning on your post!
PLEASE NOTE: Register by April 28th to receive t-shirt by event. Registrants after that date, will receive t-shirt after event.