Funds raised from this event will directly benefit opportunities and programs for agricultural education, such as 4-H, Future Farmers of America, and Farm City Week. Proceeds from the race will benefit the Putnam - St. Johns County Farm Bureau. This organization is formed with the purpose of solving problems concerning agriculturalists and the agricultural industry. We believe farming is necessary to the viability and sustainability of promoting our counties, state and nation. Hence, we operate to insure and better promote the profitability of our farmers. We thank you for your support!
Saturday, April 7, 2018 - 7:30 AM
The HHS Community Building
6195 South Main Street
Hastings, FL 32145
- Half Marathon (Before December 31) - $50
- Half Marathon (January 1 - 31) - $55
- Half Marathon (February 1 - March 25) - $60
- Half Marathon (March 26 - April 6) - $65
- Half Marathon (April 7) - $70 (cash/check only)
- 5K (Before December 31) - $20
- 5K (January 1 - March 25) - $25
- 5K (March 26 - April 6) - $30
- 5K (April 7) - $35 (cash/check only)
- Cabbage Crawl Kids Fun Run (Without T-Shirt) - FREE
- Cabbage Crawl Kids Fun Run (With T-Shirt) - $10
In the event of inclement weather, emergency, or natural disaster, RaceSmith reserves the right to cancel or postpone the race. In the event of cancellation or postponement, there will be no refunds.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Pre-race packet pick up / registration - Friday, April 6, from 3 to 6 PM, in the library section of the HHS Community Building, 6195 South Main Street, Hastings, FL 32145.
- Race day packet pick up / registration - Saturday, April 7, beginning at 6 AM
- Half Marathon Start - 7:30 AM
- 5K Start - 7:30 AM
- Cabbage Crawl Fun Run Start - 8:30 AM
Half Marathon USATF Certified Course # FL16028EBM
5K USATF Certified Course # FL13008EBM
The purpose of the USATF course certification program is to produce road race courses of accurately measured distances. For any road running performance to be accepted as a record or be nationally ranked, it must be run on a USATF-certified course. In addition, the certification program is very important to the average road racer, as well as those of exceptional speed. Most runners like to compare performances run on different courses, and such comparisons are difficult if course distances are not reliable. No one can truly establish a personal best if the course distance is not accurate.
Beautiful and unique shirt, finisher's medal, goody bag, and post-race refreshments. Availability and size of shirts are only guaranteed to those who register by March 25, 2018. Our goody bags are unlike any other race. Free cabbage and potatoes to all registrants!
For both the Half Marathon and 5K, awards will be presented to the overall male and female finishers and the top three runners in the following age groups: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and older.
RUN ST. AUGUSTINE RACE SERIES
The Spud Run is a member of the Run St. Augustine Race Series. Those scoring in the half marathon will be awarded double series points. The 5K will be awarded standard series points. For series rules, information, and results, go to: www.runstaugustine.com/raceseries.html
RACE TIMING AND SCORING
The race will be professionally timed and scored by RaceSmith, Inc. The race will be timed using disposable, electronic tags attached to the bib number. Please wear your bib number to the front, pinned at all four corners, visible, and unaltered. Printed results will be posted at the race site and live online during the race at www.RaceSmith.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION
RaceSmith, Inc. - Jacob Smith