Get out of the city and join us for a bike ride along the Des Plaines river or a run through the nature preserve in Willow Springs. We have distances for everyone, Choose between a 40k or 65k bike ride or a 5k or 10k walk, a timed event. Experience the camaraderie and community of people coming together for a cause to better diabetes care in the greater Chicago area. All proceeds will go directly to our mission to transform diabetes care and research in Chicago.
- Masks will be required from the moment you exit your vehicle until you cross the starting line and again from the time you cross the finish line until you enter your vehicle.*
- Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
- Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No registration at pick-up or on race day will be available for any reason.
- Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each wave will have a limit of 15 participants. If you can't remember what start time you picked, click "FIND A PARTICIPANT" atop this page.
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
- Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
- Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start. There will be NO mass start, when you arrive at the starting line, cross the timing equipment and start your race!
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the trail. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the trail.
- Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
- There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
- Results will not be posted on site.
- Results will be available after the race at https://www.championchip247.net/
- Anyone not registered for the race, including family members, will not be permitted in the start/finish area. The introduction of additional people will put us over the maximum allowable number of attendees.
- Sweet Ride t-shirt sizing is guaranteed for all participants who register before 8/1. After 8/1, t-shirts will be given to the first 100 participants but size will be based on availability. Shirt sizing is unisex.
***COVID guidelines and restrictions subject to change based upon current CDC and IDPH guidelines at the time of the event. All participants will be updated prior to the event as necessary,