Help Prevent Homelessness in Somerville!
The need for housing support is greater than ever, as our friends and neighbors have lost jobs and are struggling with illness and other challenges on an unprecedented scale.
Existing rental assistance funds are being depleted at a rapid rate as the need is overwhelming. In the first quarter of this year, one agency has prevented over 50 evictions and continues to process the 400+ applications for assistance.
Many Somerville residents are not eligible for unemployment, SNAP or other assistance due to immigration status, and many of our friends and neighbors will face eviction when the moratorium ends unless we can help with rental assistance.
All funds raised from the Walk help those at risk of homelessness, by providing assistance with security deposits, back rent or utilities, or moving costs. Each year we receive at least twice as many requests for assistance than we are able to meet. This year, the need will be greater.
Help us reach our $40,000 goal!
What happens on the 13th June?
- Choose a good time to walk on Sunday, June 13th
- Walk wherever you choose!
- Don’t forget to take pictures to share with your family and friends who have sponsored your walk & tag us on social media Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #SaveOurHomes.
- Join us for a zoom Thank You event with special guest speakers. The speakers will be announced in May!
There is no registration, no fees, just sign-up and:
- Donate to give a one off donation or
- Create your own fundraising page and get your friends and family to support the folks at risk of homelessness!
Where will my money/sponsorship go?
All donations registered through this link will be used SOLELY FOR SOMERVILLE RESIDENTS needing rental assistance as our economy begins to open up.