The Forge Off Road Sprint Triathlon is a unique event that offers an exhilarating, adventurous experience for triathletes of all abilities, including beginners to professionals.
The race venue is at The Forge: Lemont Quarries, an outdoor adventure park in Lemont, Illinois. The course runs through the Park and the adjoining trails of the Heritage Quarries Recreation Area and I&M Trails, located adjacent to historic downtown Lemont. Athletes and spectators will enjoy views of the Park’s exhilarating attractions and natural ecosystem, which includes the historic I&M Canal and multiple quarry lakes.
The sprint distance race will be an ~550-yard swim, 11 ½ mile bike, and a 5K trail run. Triathletes can prepare for a challenge that includes:
• Open water swimming in the natural spring-fed Forge Quarry with a time trial start from the dock,
• Two Lap bike course on crushed limestone trails and some gravel roads,
• Mixed terrain out and back run including crushed limestone and a section of single-track trails,
• Transition located at the Mount, the Forge’s entertainment stage and lawn area,
• Post-race fun with music and food and drinks from the Foundry at the Forge, and,
• Unique t-shirts and awards.
Preliminary Course Maps are found at (Note: Subject to Change as Courses Are Finalized):
Covid19 Protocols will be in Place Per Public Health Guidelines at the Date of the Race.