SSPA's Trails for Tails! A virtual walk/race of your choosing from 1 mile to half marathon. Sign up now and complete your race anytime between May 5 and May 23, 2021 (results must be uploaded by May 26, 2021). Every entry gives you a shirt and a finisher's medal, with all proceeds going directly to SSPA. Prizes will be awarded for most amount of money raised, as well as for the fastest times for the 5k, 10k, and half marathon distances.
Please help us reach our goal of opening our new facility at the Boys Ranch in Sloughhouse!
- Register for the Trails for Tails virtual race by May 23, 2021.
- Complete the distance of your choosing (prizes for 5k, 10k, and half marathon distances only) at your convenience at any time or location (including your treadmill!).
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #SSPATrailsForTrails
Please help us raise more money by creating an individual or team fundraising page!
- Fundraise $150 - Win an SSPA t-shirt
- Fundraise $300 - Win an SSPA t-shirt and hat
- Fundraise $500 - Win an SSPA t-shirt, hat, and hoodie
- Fundraise $1,000 - Win an SSPA t-shirt, hat, hoodie, and naming rights for one week
- Fundraise $2,500 - Get your (or your Team's) name on one of our new kennels for one year!
Sacramento Shelter Pets Alive (SSPA) is a nonprofit that serves as a safety net and support system for shelter dogs with a focus on the most vulnerable. SSPA is a group of staff and volunteers who provide innovative, comprehensive behavioral and rehabilitative programs, foster care and rescue support, and adoption retention that have proved to sustain a high live outcome.
SSPA approaches every dog as an individual, with the understanding that physical appearance does not determine behavior. After previously working with the Sacramento County (Bradshaw) Animal Shelter, our contract concluded at the end of 2020 and we began working with Stockton shelter dogs. We are also cleaning up and breaking ground at our new site, the former Boys Ranch in Sloughhouse. The future is bright!
The past year has severely restricted our ability to raise money and we urgently need money to continue working on our goal to house dogs at the Boys Ranch. To make our vision a reality, we have a critical need for kennels, cleaning supplies, cot-style beds, dog food, blankets/towels, leashes/collars, enrichment items, safety equipment, agility equipment, and other items needed to successfully run a new facility. By operating a new facility, more dogs in the Sacramento region can be housed until they find a permanent home than under current conditions.
We need sponsors! Please contact us at email@example.com for more information on different sponsorship levels and how to donate products!