Support the work of Marty's Place Senior Dog Sanctuary by participating in our second annual virtual challenge "fun"-raiser. Stay fit your way and compete for prizes! Your participation will help Marty's Place care for its elder canine residents and welcome more who need a home for life. Become an Individual Fundraiser to enlist the sponsorship of your friends, family, and coworkers to make an even bigger impact!
This year, you can get an exclusive race t-shirt at our Bonfire store so you and your cheer squad can show your support! Proceeds of your purchase go to Marty's Place. Order by June 5 to guarantee arrival by race time. Shirts will be available for purchase throughout the event.
Marty's Place Senior Dog Sanctuary is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of senior dogs and ensuring that older dogs whose owners can no longer care for them will have a loving home for life. At Marty’s Place, located in Upper Freehold Township, NJ, senior dogs – 7 years of age or older – receive physical comfort, emotional care and enrichment in a safe, loving and protected environment. Each dog has ample living space, human and canine companionship, consistent medical and dental care, and access to physically and mentally stimulating activities suited to their age and abilities. Senior dogs come to us for various reasons, including, but not limited to: relocation or displacement, medical issues or transition to a long-term care facility, financial challenges, estate planning provisions. Learn more about Marty's Place by visiting our website at www.martysplace.org. Follow us on Facebook @martysplace or on Instagram #martysplace!
Unfortunately, current circumstances have limited our fundraising options. Now more than ever, we remain committed to our life-saving work to help senior dogs in need. Your support is vital to helping us continue our mission while we all weather the current public health crisis and until we can safely resume in-person events and fundraisers.
Anyone can join our dog friendly/dog-optional virtual event! Here's how it works:
- Register for our event.
- Become an Individual Fundraiser (optional, but appreciated!): get your dog lovin' friends/family/co-workers to sponsor you to help raise even more money for our senior dogs. Top Fundraiser wins a Marty's Place "Wag" Bag filled with merch and other goodies!
- Head on over to Bonfire to get your exclusive race t-shirt. Order by June 5 to guarantee arrival by race time.
- Print your digital race bib, set a goal, and get moving - with or without your 4-legged friends! Run, walk, bike, hike, whatever you'd like! Complete your movement goal in one day or over the course of the month-long event.
- Upload your results to the race page.
- Post a picture of your participation to FB or Instagram and tag us with @martysplace or #martysplace.