BLUEPRINT FOR ATHLETES SILVER RUSH 50 RUN
Take on 50 miles of extreme territory that starts at 10,200 feet and reaches 12,000 feet on four separate occasions at the Blueprint for Athletes Silver Rush 50 Run. It will leave your lungs burning, heart pounding and eyes completely amazed — while also preparing you for the pinnacle Blueprint for Athletes Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by New Balance.
Friday, July 7
• 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Registration and packet pickup at LRS Headquarters, 316 Harrison Ave.
Saturday, July 8
• 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Registration and packet pickup at base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish area)
Sunday, July 9
• 5 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. Registration and packet pickup
• 6 a.m. Race start at base of Dutch Henri Hill
There is a 14-hour time limit to finish the race. Aid Station cut-offs will occur at:
• Stumptown, 1:30 p.m. (25 m)
• Rock Garden, 3:00 p.m. (30m)
• Printer Boy inbound, 4:30 p.m. (34.5m)
• Black Cloud inbound, 6:00 p.m. (40m)
The 50-mile out-and-back course takes racers through the historic mining district on the east side of Leadville. Primarily on dirt roads, first set by miners and their burros, it will begin at the Cloud City Ski Hut (located just below Colorado Mountain College on Hwy 24 on the South end of Leadville). None of the roads used will be closed to vehicle traffic, so please use caution. The route will take runners by and between many grand and historic gold and silver mines.
Please note: Due to safety restrictions on the course wheelchair participation is not permitted.
There will be seven well-supplied aid stations along course. Please see course map for aid station locations. Water provided by Eldorado Springs.
Drop bags will be taken to the Stumptown Aid Station (half way mark). Drop bags can be left at the base of Dutch Henri Hill (start/finish) at the designated area on Sunday morning by 5:30 a.m. Bags will be returned to the start/finish by 4:00 p.m. and must be claimed by 8:00 p.m. that Sunday evening.
Discuss this Event
Contact the Event