Run / Walk / Skate / Roll
The 17th Annual Silver Strand Half Marathon & 5K is Sunday, November 13, 2016. The ONLY Run with with the waves of the Pacific Ocean on your right and the San Diego Bay on your left, finishing with a California Beach Party! Run along the "Silver Strand," from Coronado to Imperial Beach!
Coronado Island is located just across the bridge from downtown San Diego.
The 5K Run/Walk starts and finishes at the Imperial Beach Pier Plaza at 7:00 am. Run the 5K and then enjoy the post race Beach Party and Beer Garden while watching the half marathoners cross the finish line.
The half marathon course is open to Runners and Walkers.
The 10 mile course is open to Runners, Walkers, Skaters, Hand Cycles, and Wheelchairs.
The Half Marathon &10 mile course is limited to 5000 participants.
Welcome back skaters! Bring out your inline skates, roller blades or roller skates and speed your way down the strand. Helmets are mandatory. Knee and wrist guards are recommended.
HOTEL HOTEL HOTEL
Coming to San Diego for the silver strand Half? or ready for a well deserved Staycation? Stay at the Pier South Hotel located at the finish-line. We have a shuttle bus to take you directly to the start on Race Morning. For the race rate you must book through Athletes Travel.
Click Here to Reserve. (Hurry limited rooms are available.)
- USATF San Diego 10 Mile Championship!
- California Beach Party with Live Music, Beer Garden and Food
- BIGGER MEDALS w/ customized graphic ribbons for 1/2 marathon and 10 miler
- Timed Results
- Technical T-Shirt for Half Marathon/10 Miler Participants
- 10% off at Road Runner Sports at pre-race expo
- Continental Breakfast
- Beer Garden supporting CAF - Challenged Athletes Foundation
- Entertainment Along the Course
- Race Photos Available On-Line
- Short Sleeve Cotton Shirt for 5K Participants
- Finisher Pin for 5K Participants
- Road Runner Sports Pace Team
Silver Strand Distance Classic is now part of the California Half & Full Marathon Series!