OC Pride invites you to join us for our 2016 Mr & Ms Santa Speedo 5k Run/Walk on Sunday, December 4th as we fill the streets with holiday cheer with our FUNdraiser for Orange County Pride 2017! Whether you're a runner or not everyone is welcome to join in on the fun as there is no pace requirements for this event!
Event details and schedule
Regular Registration - $35 (until November 20)
Late Registration - $45
With your registration you will receive entry into the 5k, an Official Mr & Ms Santa Speedo 5k Run Bib, Photo Opt with our Sexy Mr & Ms Santa and their Naughty Elf, and a cup of delicious Hot Cocoa! Your registration will also give you 'Tier 1' status and you will be placed on the Crowdrise Fundraising page to begin your FUNdraising campaign to raise as much money as you'd like and raise your 'Tier' status to recieve that Tier's prizes!
- Registration - TIER 1 - Official Bib, Photo Opt, & Hot Cocoa
- Raise $25 - TIER 2 - Event Finishers Medal + Tier 1
- Raise $50 - TIER 3 - Official Event T-Shirt + Tier 2
- Raise $75 - TIER 4 - Fabulous Drag Brunch + Tier 3
- Raise $150 - TIER 5 - 'Forever Flowing Mimosas' w/ Brunch + Tier 4
- Raise $300 - TIER 6 - Official Collectors Pin + Tier 5
- Raise $500 - TIER 7 - Registration Fee Returned to Runner + Tier 6
- Raise $750 - TIER 8 - Official Event Speedo / Sports Bra + Tier 7
- Raise $1000 - TIER 9 - Pair of VIP Passes to the 2017 Festival + Tier 8
- EVENT SCHEDULE: 9am: Check-in and Arrival. 10am: Run/Walk start. 11:15am: Fabulous Drag Brunch Celebration
- COURSE INFO: The official course for this event is set for the Upper Newport Beach Back Bay Nature Reserve located at 2301 University Drive, Newport Beach CA
- PARKING INFO: Event parking will be available for participants in the parking lot located at 2301 University Drive Newport Beach CA and at 2300 University Drive Newport Beach CA. Participants are asked to use the 2300 Parking Lot if they plan on staying for the Fabulous Drag Brunch Celebration. Participants who are not planning on doing so may park in the 2301 Parking Lot towards the check-in area. Parking for spectators, including family and friends who will be joining the participants for the Fabulous Drag Brunch celebration, will be on a first come, first serve basis on the surrounding streets. Please observe and obey any and all posted parking regulations as they will be strictly enforced. We HIGHLY recommend getting together with your friends & family to carpool into the event. Participants living in the surrounding area of the Event are also encourage to take rides from Lyft or Uber into the Event. If you are interested in using this option, please contact us and we can look into getting you a code to use to help bring the cost of the ride down to practically free, if not free!
- WAIVERS AND ID: Participants should bring a printed, completed, and signed copy of the waiver with proper ID to the check-in table for the event. Alternatively, participants may electronically sign the waiver during registration and will only need to bring proper ID to the check-in table for the event.
- WHAT TO WEAR: This run/walk is a themed event where all participants are encouraged to throw on their holiday attire (whether that’s a red speedo, a garland tutu, or your favorite ugly christmas sweater) and join in on the fun as we paint the streets with holiday cheer! Costumes are encouraged but not required. Closed toed shoes must be worn by participants at all times during the event. Prizes for the ‘Best Themed Costume’, ‘Best Group Costume’, and ‘Sexiest Costume’ (to name a few) will be awarded so it’s time to show your holiday spirit!
- FABULOUS DRAG BRUNCH CELEBRATION: Join us this year as we host one of the BIGGEST celebration brunches Orange County LGBT Pride has ever seen! Located on a field of rolling grass over-looking the Upper Newport Back Bay, sit and relax as we celebrate all of the amazing accomplishments with this year’s 5k FUNdraiser and enjoy a holiday feast created by the highly acclaimed culinary mastermind, Richard Espinachio, and enjoy your favorite hits as our International Superstar DJ SRO spins for the Fabulous Drag Holiday Celebration show and dance floor; all of which is hosted by Orange County’s one-and-only; MOMMA! Held directly after the 5k; Participants may earn their seats to this amazing celebration by advancing their ‘Tier Status’ to ‘Tier Status 4’ or may purchase tickets for the brunch celebration for $35 here. Bottomless Mimosas will be available for an additional charge.
Once you’ve purchased your tickets for the Fabulous Drag Brunch Celebration contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your reservation.
- TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE: This year OC Pride is excited to invite you to help bring more holiday cheer for kids in need this season by bringing a new, unwrapped toy valued at $10 or more to be donated to TOYS FOR TOTS during our Fabulous Drab Brunch Celebration. As a 'Thank You' you'll receive a holiday stocking full of surprises!
**Follow the 2016 Mr & Ms Santa Speedo Run Facebook Event as we gear up towards the event and and make announcements with the most up-to-date information regarding everything including course route, arrival info and parking, waivers & ID requirments, what to bring and what to wear, and of course - what to expect afterwards as we celebrate all of the hardwork and dedication from all of our runners! Must be 18 years or older by December 1st, 2016 to participate. The additional fundraising beyond your initial registration price is optional.**