The Santa Dash CURE JM VIrtual 5K & 10K is a virtual race, meaning you can run your race in any location at anytime with anyone at any pace. We will have an "official" start time, but you can run your race anytime between 6am December 21 and 4pm on December 28 (according to your local time).
How It Works
Once you register you will be sent a link with detailed instructions. However, the basic procedure is..
- Register for the Race.
- Answer all the questions in the registration fields.
- Open your welcome email and use your code to get your race shirt in the Mountain Trail Goods store. We will send your medal ASAP and trust you to actually run...remember Santa is watching!
- Join our Facebook group. This is not required.
- Form a team, ask friends and family to join. Most non-runners don't understand they can walk a 5K or 10K. Motivate them! Use our referral code and earn a reward.
- Introduce yourself in our Facebook Group. Tell us as much as you are comfortable with. Location, goal time, favorite place to run, favorite aid station food, favorite run, etc.
- Find your local 5K or 10K route. Use Strava, Run Keeper, Garmin, or simply measure the distance in your car. Remember a 5K is 3.1 Miles and a 10K is 6.2 Miles.
- Upload a few pictures and description of your route in our Facebook group or email them to us and we will post them on Instagram.
- Check our weekly emails for product reviews, training tips, motivation, and giveaways.
- Prepare for your run. Stay motivated and help motivate others by posting and sharing.
- The "official" start time will be December 25 at 10am Eastern time. We will have a Facebook live event that you can join at that time. You don't have to run at this time. Remember you have from December 21 to December 28 to run/walk your race.
- Upload or email us your race day photo and official time by 4pm on December 28 (your local time) and we will post it on our website/Facebook. More pictures the merrier. Official competitors must follow guidelines in the confirmation email.
- Prizes, motivation, community, fun, and Running for a Cause...CURE JM! Mountain Trail Series will donate a portion of all profits to the CURE JM Foundation.
Check out the race shirt (you can pick your color): CLICK HERE
Check out the race medal: CLICK HERE
Run for a Cause!
A portion of each registration from each racer and an overall donation from Mountain Trail Series will be given to the CURE JM Foundation. Juvenile Myositis (JM), including Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) and Juvenile Polymyositis (JPM), are a group of rare and life-threatening autoimmune diseases, in which the body’s immune system attacks its own cells and tissues. Weak muscles and skin rash are the primary symptoms of JDM, while muscle weakness without a rash is the primary symptom of JPM.
We feel this foundation is doing critical work to help children who are dealing with this devastating illness. You can help support the cause by donating to the CURE JM Foundation. All donations go directly to the foundation.
Thank you for your support.
Other Mountain Trail Series Races
Santa Dash Virtual 5 & 10K: December 21-28 (Virtual: Run Anywhere!)
Miami Whitewater 1/2 Marathon and 10K: April 18 (Ohio)
Hueston Woods Trail 1/2 Marathon and 10K: April 25 (Ohio)
Shawnee Trail 1/2 Marathon and 10K: May 9 (Ohio)
Placid to Gold 50K: June 6 (Montana)
The Seeley 50, 25, & 10K: June 20 (Montana)
The Divide 50 & 25K: July 11 (Montana)
The Jackson Hole Trail 1/2 Marathon: July 25 (Wyoming)
The Butte Tap 'er Light 1/2 Marathon: August 8 (Montana)