Form a 3-member relay team with Baucco Squad members to take on the (virtual) Relay Race Challenge. As a team you must complete the equivalent of an Olympic distance triathlon – a 1500 meter swim, a 24.8 mile (40K) bike, and a 6.2 mile (10K) run. One member will be responsible for each leg of the race, and your combined total time will rank you against other Baucco Squad Relay Race Challenge teams.
*BY PARTICIPATING YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWIMMING, CYCLING, AND RUNNING ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES AND THAT ORGANIZERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE OR SPORTS IN ANY WAY.*
1) Recruit your team – You are responsible for forming your team! You will also need to choose a team name.
- Your team must have 3 members (one to swim, one to cycle, and one to run).
- You may have all male, all female, or coed teams.
- You may participate on more than one team. However, you may only use an activity one time in the Challenge. For example, if you choose to be the runner on 6 different teams, then you must complete and submit results for 6 separate run efforts during December. You may not submit the same effort as a result for multiple teams.
- Use your resources – we have a Facebook group, an Athletes page where you can snoop member profiles, a discussion board for the event in our Strava Club, and even a Team Directory (Team Site > Athlete Dashboard > Team Directory).
- Extra kudos if you recruit a newly onboarded member to you team!
2) Race your segment – You have the entire month of December to complete your segment and submit results. Given this is a virtual race we will allow treadmill runs and indoor rides, assuming you have the appropriate gadgets to measure time and distance.
3) Submit your results – 3rd party scoring will be hosted by RunSignup. Each member should submit their own result for their own leg of the race. After at least 1 member on the team has submitted a result your team will be ranked on the Team Results page. Distance and time will accumulate as the remaining members submit their results.
You can submit results by going to the Challenge website, choosing Results tab, and selecting submit virtual results. Here’s a how-to, too: https://runsignup.com/Race/CoronavirusforParticipants/Page-7
- Back by popular demand, and since we have an entire month to achieve a “perfect race,” we’ll race this king-of-the-mountain style. You may re-attempt your relay leg, if desired. Submit your new, better, result the same way you submitted the first. Delete the previous effort before you save the new result.
4) Share updates along the way – Since we can’t be on the same race course to cheer each other on, please share your virtual experience in our team Facebook group! Extra kudos (again) if you race in your team kit!
The team with the fastest combined relay time will be granted bragging rights as "champions of the inaugural Baucco Squad virtual Relay Race Challenge." All participants from all relay teams who submit a result will be entered into a random drawing. Stay tuned for the announcement of the drawing prize!