About the Surf City Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K
With oceanfront views for the Marathon, Half, 5K, and Saturday’s NEW Cowabunga Beach Challenge the only thing missing from Surf City USA’s exclusive coastal course is YOU!
Surf, sun, and run the longest stretch of uninterrupted beachfront anywhere on the West Coast.
• Oceanfront Marathon and Half Marathon Course on Pacific Coast Highway – Out and Back
• Award Winning Surfboard Medals for all distances. Kids, too!
• Average High Temperature on Race Day 68 degrees
• Long Sleeve Participant Shirts for Marathon & Half Participants
• Short Sleeve Shirts for 5K
• FREE Beer at Sunday’s Sand Bar, friends and family welcome! (21+ with ID)
• Live Surf Band Entertainment
• 3 Day California Lifestyle Expo
• Complimentary Live Athlete Alerts for Participants and their supporters
• Lots of Parking and FREE Shuttles to Start/Finish Areas
We will have FREE shuttle service from most of the parking lots indicated on the map including Overflow Parking. 2019’s Shuttle Stop Map is coming soon!. Shuttles are round-trip.
Race Day Shuttle | Sunday
Shuttle service will start at 5:00AM on Race Day and will service all lots until 1:30PM. Shuttles will come at approximately 20-minute intervals. All local hotels will be offering a Shuttle Service to the start line. Shuttles will return you to the same location that you were picked up at.
• You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon.
• You must be in good health.
• Race numbers are required to participate.
• Medals and/or shirts will only be mailed to participants of the Virtual Run.
• No bikes, in-line skates, skateboards or dogs will be allowed on the course.